Wednesday, 19 September 2012

In God we trust (?)

Today's Ganesh Chaturthi! And I have a really valid question. Does God really exist?
You might argue that God gives us strength and all that... but all I feel is that God was invented by humans for mental support, you know... stuff like 'He's watching down upon us'. Now that I think about it, it's also an excuse for kids to behave properly, or 'God will punish you'. God is just a fragment of our imagination.. but that does not mean you can do how many bad deeds you want!
You may also argue, 'What about the God particle? Higgs boson?' Let me tell you, it was actually named the 'Goddamn Particle' before the book editors thought it rude and shortened it to 'God'.
Speaking of Higgs boson, everyone knows about Prof. Higgs, but nearly no one knows about Prof. Bose, after whom 'boson' is named. Look it up. It's sad how Prof. Bose was forgotten.
That brings us back to our question, 'Does God exist?' or is it just a reason to blow out our pockets during festivals?
P.S.- I don't mind the stuff we get to eat during festivals!

3 comments:

Sabyasachi said...

I don't know whether God exists or not, but whenever I watch a Horror/ Ghost movie and need to sleep alone, I strongly hope God exists to take down the Ghost that might exist... :)

P.S. : I am pleasantly surprised to see a parallel in your thoughts with those of Bapida !!

Manasa said...

We are made to believe that God created this world and yada yada but how did He come about? I really think this is an unexplained question....

Srishti Mitra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.